A life coaching contract template is one step closer to helping you complete your very first significant transaction as a freelancer. If you're not sure what it is, keep reading. You may have never had to send out a life coaching contract before – whether it's because you've worked with smaller clients or because you've always preferred verbal agreements – but now is the time to learn what a life coaching contract is and how to create one for your freelance life coaching practice.
You and your client will go over all of the relevant information that will be included in your life coaching contract template, as well as the terms and conditions under which the work will be completed, finished, and paid as part of your partnership, in advance of signing the contract. Not wanting to invest the time and effort necessary to trim, manicure, and clean a large yard or garden, just to have the customer be unhappy with the final result and refuse to pay you monetarily is something you should avoid at all costs. You should keep in mind that it is difficult to predict the result of your job unless you have a contract that specifies exactly what must be done as part of the assignment. All of these particulars are critical.
In the end, a life coaching contract template guarantees that you get the money you are due, in accordance with the terms and circumstances that both you and your client agreed to before to presenting the written agreement to your customer, whether in person or by email,
Potential clients who are opposed to utilizing a formal contract for your next life coaching partnership should be avoided at all costs, since contracts offer an essential legal framework that is needed to safeguard you and your freelance life coaching company in the event that anything goes wrong. Your clients' interests are protected by the contract in the event that you fail to perform as promised, which is a critical component of any transaction. A contract ensures that everyone benefits from it, with the only individuals losing out being those who did not have a contract in place in the first place.
Indy's professional contract generation software allows life coaches to streamline the contract-writing process by using advanced job-specific contract preparation features. This is beneficial to everyone engaged in the contract-writing process. Life coaches may create life coaching contracts that are simple to browse for any client and that are consistent with their brand image and messaging.
When writing a life coaching contract, it is critical to understand the scope of your responsibilities. Determine the length of time required, as well as the cost of equipment or resources you’ll utilize, as well as any extra accessories and travel expenses, prior to beginning.
You'll need to get started and find out how to create a life coaching contract template after you've determined what one is and what it looks like. The ability to better promote your company and increase your marketing return on investment will enable you to attract more clients as a life coach.
Absolutely! Your work is valuable, and it should be protected by a legal contract. When everything goes well, there are no problems with clients. Contracts help you create a plan that protects you when a job doesn’t go quite so smoothly.
Here are some benefits of using a contract:
When you include the payment amount and terms in your life coaching contract, you pave the way to getting paid properly for your project. When the project or milestone finishes, every party knows what to pay and when to pay it.
Scope creep is difficult for just about every freelance life coach. When the size of the job changes without warning, finishing on time and getting paid properly become harder. A clearly defined project scope in a contract avoids any scope creep.
You can create a simple contract on your own by recording the work to be done, the amount to be paid, and the timeline for delivery. A simple document like this is better than nothing.
That document won’t make a professional impression for your business, though. Instead, you can use our life coaching contract template.
Here are three reasons you should try our contract template instead of writing your own:
Let’s check out what needs to be in the agreement between you and your client.
It is important to remember when creating a life coaching contract template that all of the language should be as clear and straightforward as possible to avoid any misconceptions or confusion for the client when they are reviewing the contract and scope of work.
When you and your customer first begin working together in your professional relationship, it is critical that you communicate clearly and fully with one another. Otherwise, your professional relationship will suffer. Remember that good and open communication will allow you to identify and discuss all aspects of your contract while still meeting the requirements of both your customer and your freelance life coaching company. This is critical to remember.
When creating your life coaching contract, you may want to include a very straightforward explanation of the engagement that gives you some leeway in terms of conversation with the client. This will allow you and your client to get on the same page regarding the scope of the job at hand and the actions that will be needed to accomplish it before you begin working on projects as part of your partnership.
In order for your work to be considered complete and accurate, you must submit it by the deadline specified in your contract. Creating a basic life coaching contract that does not address all of the legal aspects of protecting both parties as well as your work may be as simple as writing down what the task is, how much money is required, and when you must submit your work in order for it to be considered complete and accurate.
Using Indy contract templates, independent life coaches will have a much simpler time getting started with the drafting of a contract for their life coaching company. All of the templates are simple to use and may be customized to suit your specific needs.
Regardless of the kind of work you perform, you should always include the following information in your contracts: a detailed description of services and/or deliverables; payment terms; general job-specific restrictions; and liability limits. Regardless of the circumstances, these elements will almost always be included in every genuine contract. So, what should a normal life coaching contract template include?
At this stage of the contract-writing process, the agreement between you and your customer will be expressed clearly and concisely, and the work that has to be done will be described in its entirety.
Description of Services
In this section, you will describe what you will do for your client in as much detail as feasible, as well as how you plan to achieve it.
Feedback and Approval Process
By signing this part of the life coaching contract, you guarantee that your time on the job will not be wasted in any way. Use this section to inform the client of the amount of changes that will be approved and the approval procedure that you want.
Make sure you're happy with your recommended time frames for bigger tasks and that you'll be able to adhere to them both throughout the day and at the end of the day. It's important to remember that if you achieve your deadlines, the client will meet theirs as well.
Payment Dates and Conditions
In this section of the contract, make sure that all relevant information regarding the payment method is clearly and conspicuously presented. Include payment dates, as well as terms and conditions such as late fines and accepted payment methods, in a visible and readable way.
It is important to be familiar with the regulations and legislation in your region when it comes to tax filing. Some towns have no regulations in place, while others have. If you're uncertain or have questions, get help from your local tax office.
Unless you've been given an extraordinary chance, this should be included in every contract you sign as a freelancer. A non-exclusivity agreement prevents you from being too reliant on a single client.
Some customers may prefer that all professional partnerships remain secret; if this is the case for your future partnership, be sure to include a clause indicating that your client has the option to keep all interactions discreet.
Things don't always turn out the way we want them to, even when everything goes according to plan. When you have a termination provision in your contract, you and your customer may terminate a business partnership for legitimate reasons that you both agree on.
This is an important element of any life coaching contract to include. The provisions of this section will serve as a safety net for both parties in the event that anything goes wrong during your collaboration on the partnership. If problems arise, it's a good idea to make notes on how you plan to address them so that the process is easier for both you and your client to deal with when the time comes.
Making use of your preferred search engine and exploring the web for templates that suit your criteria is the quickest and most efficient method of finding a life coaching contract template that meets your requirements for your specific demands. Although freelancers have a wide variety of options, choosing one may prove to be more difficult than actually filling out the contract with the details of your job description and needs.
Keep in mind that certain contract templates are only available in PDF format and cannot be changed or updated, which means you'll have to write everything out by hand instead of using a computer. Be aware that some contract forms may not include all of the sections that you'll need to ensure that you cover every element of the job scope in detail, so double-check everything before signing any documents. If you like, you could use one of Indy's advanced life coaching contract templates to create the contract for your next partnership instead. The use of Indy's life coaching contract templates is simple since they are pre-filled with all of the important information that should be included in a freelance life coaching agreement, making it simple to get started.
When combined with our free contract generator, the usage of Indy's templates may save you a significant amount of time on your next partnership. A contract may be drafted in minutes with this resource, freeing up the freelance life coach's time to do other things for their business.
In addition to invoice templates, file sharing features, and other helpful business aspects that may help you function more quickly and effectively as a freelancer, Indy's life coaching contracts by Indy may make the whole drafting process of working as a freelancer much easier.
Additional advantages include the fact that, with Indy's help, you'll be able to spend more time scheduling clients and focusing on yards rather than dealing with the paperwork and bureaucracy that comes with being a freelance life coach with your own company.
We have two documents you can use as a freelance life coach. You can sign up for a free Indy account and use our contract generator to create the correct contract for your needs in a few minutes.
If you don’t want to sign up for an account, you can download a non-editable contract to get started. You’ll need to review it carefully before using it to ensure all the details match your requirements.
This Life Coaching Agreement (the "Agreement"), dated [the date both parties will have signed] is entered into by [life coach name], an individual residing in [address], (the "Life Coach"), and [client name], an individual residing in [address], (the "Client").
Whereas, the Life Coach and the Client desire to establish the terms and conditions under which the Life Coach will provide services to the Client, the parties agree as follows:
1. Scope of Work. The Life Coach agrees to perform such consulting, advisory and related services specified on Exhibit A to this Agreement ("Description of Services").
2. Term. This Agreement shall commence from the date this Agreement is signed by both parties and shall continue until the scope of work defined in the Description of Services is completed (such period, as it may be extended or sooner terminated in accordance with the provisions of Section 4, being referred to as the ("Service Period").
a. Service Cost. In consideration of the Service, the Client will pay the Life Coach of $ per hour (the "Service Cost").
b. Expenses. The Life Coach shall be responsible for all business expenses incurred by the Life Coach in connection with, or related to, the performance of the services.
c. Invoices. The Client shall pay to the Life Coach amounts shown on each statement or invoice described in Section 3(a) and 3(b) within () days after receipt thereof.
d. Benefits. The Life Coach shall not be entitled to any benefits, coverages or privileges, including, without limitation, health insurance, social security, unemployment, medical or pension payments, made available to employees of the Client.
4. Termination. This Agreement may be terminated prior to the end of the Service Period in the following manner: (a) by either the Life Coach or the Client upon not less than () days prior written notice to the other party; (b) by the non-breaching party, upon twenty-four (24) hours prior written notice to the breaching party if one party has materially breached this Agreement; or (c) at any time upon the mutual written consent of the parties hereto. In the event of termination, the Life Coach shall be entitled to payments for services performed that have not been previously paid and, subject to the limitations in Section 3.2, for expenses paid or incurred prior to the effective date of termination that have not been previously paid. Such payment shall constitute full settlement of any and all claims of the Life Coach of every description against the Client. In the event that the Client’s payment to the Life Coach exceeds the amount of services performed and (subject to the limitations in Section 3.2) for expenses paid or incurred prior to the effective date of termination, then the Life Coach will immediately refund the excess amount to the Client. Such refund shall constitute full settlement of any and all claims of the Client of every description against the Life Coach.
5. Cooperation.The Life Coach shall use Life Coach's best efforts in the performance of Life Coach's obligations under this Agreement. The Client shall provide such access to its information and property as may be reasonably required in order to permit the Life Coach to perform Life Coach's obligations hereunder. The Life Coach shall cooperate with the Client’s personnel, shall not interfere with the conduct of the Client’s business and shall observe all rules, regulations and security requirements of the Client concerning the safety of persons and property.
6. Proprietary Information and Inventions.
a. Proprietary Information.
1. The Life Coach acknowledges that Life Coach’s relationship with the Client is one of high trust and confidence and that in the course of Life Coach's service to the Client, Life Coach will have access to and contact with Proprietary Information. The Life Coach will not disclose any Proprietary Information to any person or entity other than employees of the Client or use the same for any purposes (other than in the performance of the services) without written approval by an officer of the Client, either during or after the Consultation Period, unless and until such Proprietary Information has become public knowledge without fault by the Life Coach.
2. For purposes of this Agreement, Proprietary Information shall mean, by way of illustration and not limitation, all information, whether or not in writing, whether or not patentable and whether or not copyrightable, of a private, secret or confidential nature, owned, possessed or used by the Client, concerning the Client’s business, business relationships or financial affairs, including, without limitation, any Invention, formula, vendor information, customer information, apparatus, equipment, trade secret, process, research, report, technical or research data, clinical data, know-how, computer program, software, software documentation, hardware design, technology, product, processes, methods, techniques, formulas, compounds, projects, developments, marketing or business plan, forecast, unpublished financial statement, budget, license, price, cost, customer, supplier or personnel information or employee list that is communicated to, learned of, developed or otherwise acquired by the Life Coach in the course of Life Coach's service as a Life Coach to the Client.
3. The Life Coach’s obligations under this Section 6 shall not apply to any information that (i) is or becomes known to the general public under circumstances involving no breach by the Life Coach or others of the terms of this Section 6, (ii) is generally disclosed to third parties by the Client without restriction on such third parties, or (iii) is approved for release by written authorization of an officer of the Client.
4. The Life Coach agrees that all files, documents, letters, memoranda, reports, records, data sketches, drawings, models, laboratory notebooks, program listings, computer equipment or devices, computer programs or other written, photographic, or other tangible material containing Proprietary Information, whether created by the Life Coach or others, which shall come into Life Coach's custody or possession, shall be and are the exclusive property of the Client to be used by the Life Coach only in the performance of Life Coach's duties for the Client and shall not be copied or removed from the Client’s premises except in the pursuit of the business of the Client. All such materials or copies thereof and all tangible property of the Client in the custody or possession of the Life Coach shall be delivered to the Client, upon the earlier of (i) a request by the Client or (ii) the termination of this Agreement. After such delivery, the Life Coach shall not retain any such materials or copies thereof or any such tangible property.
5. The Life Coach agrees that Life Coach’s obligation not to disclose or to use information and materials of the types set forth in paragraphs (2) and (4) above, and Life Coach's obligation to return materials and tangible property set forth in paragraph (4) above extends to such types of information, materials and tangible property of customers of the Client or suppliers to the Client or other third parties who may have disclosed or entrusted the same to the Client or to the Life Coach.
6. The Life Coach acknowledges that the Client from time to time may have agreements with other persons or with the United States Government, or agencies thereof, that impose obligations or restrictions on the Client regarding inventions made during the course of work under such agreements or regarding the confidential nature of such work. The Life Coach agrees to be bound by all such obligations and restrictions that are known to Life Coach and to take all action necessary to discharge the obligations of the Client under such agreements.
1. All inventions, ideas, creations, discoveries, computer programs, works of authorship, data, developments, technology, designs, innovations and improvements (whether or not patentable and whether or not copyrightable) which are made, conceived, reduced to practice, created, written, designed or developed by the Life Coach, solely or jointly with others or under Life Coach's direction and whether during normal business hours or otherwise, (i) during the Consultation Period if related to the business of the Client or (ii) after the Consultation Period if resulting or directly derived from Proprietary Information (as defined below) (collectively under clauses (i) and (ii), "Inventions"), shall be the sole property of the Client. The Life Coach hereby assigns to the Client all Inventions and any and all related patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, and other industrial and intellectual property rights and applications therefore, in the United States and elsewhere and appoints any officer of the Client as Life Coach's duly authorized attorney to execute, file, prosecute and protect the same before any government agency, court or authority. However, this paragraph shall not apply to Inventions which do not relate to the business or research and development conducted or planned to be conducted by the Client at the time such Invention is created, made, conceived or reduced to practice and which are made and conceived by the Life Coach not during normal working hours, not on the Client’s premises and not using the Client’s tools, devices, equipment or Proprietary Information. The Life Coach further acknowledges that each original work of authorship which is made by the Life Coach (solely or jointly with others) within the scope of the Agreement and which is protectable by copyright is a "work made for hire," as that term is defined in the United States Copyright Act.
2. Upon the request of the Client and at the Client’s expense, the Life Coach shall execute such further assignments, documents and other instruments as may be necessary or desirable to fully and completely assign all Inventions to the Client and to assist the Client in applying for, obtaining and enforcing patents or copyrights or other rights in the United States and in any foreign country with respect to any Invention. The Life Coach also hereby waives all claims to moral rights in any Inventions.
3. The Life Coach shall promptly disclose to the Client all Inventions and will maintain adequate and current written records (in the form of notes, sketches, drawings and as may be specified by the Client) to document the conception and/or first actual reduction to practice of any Invention. Such written records shall be available to and remain the sole property of the Client at all times.
4. Notwithstanding the foregoing in this Section 6(b), the ownership and use of the Inventions that are assigned to the Client in Section 6(b)(i) (the "Assigned Inventions") shall be limited as set forth in Exhibit B.
7. Limitation of Liability. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained elsewhere herein, neither party shall be liable to the other for any consequential, special, incidental, indirect or punitive damages of any kind or character, including, but not limited to, loss of use, loss of profit, loss of anticipated profit, loss of bargain, loss of revenue or loss of product or production, however arising under this contract or as a result of, relating to or in connection with the service and the parties’ performance of the obligations hereunder, and no such claim shall be made by any party against the other regardless of whether such claim is based or claimed to be based on negligence (including sole, joint, active, passive, or concurrent negligence, but excluding gross negligence), fault, breach of warranty, breach of agreement, breach of contract, statute, strict liability or any other theory of liability.
8. Indemnification. The Life Coach shall be solely liable for, and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company and its successors and assigns from any claims, suits, judgments or causes of action initiated by any third party against the Company where such actions result from or arise out of the services performed by the Life Coach or its Employees under this Agreement. The Life Coach shall further be solely liable for, and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company and its successors and assigns from and against any claim or liability of any kind (including penalties, fees or charges) resulting from the Life Coach’s or its Employees’ failure to pay the taxes, penalties, and payments referenced in Section 9 of this Agreement. The Life Coach shall further indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company and its successors and assigns from and against any and all loss or damage resulting from any misrepresentation, or any non-fulfillment of any representation, responsibility, covenant or agreement on its part, as well as any and all acts, suits, proceedings, demands, assessments, penalties, judgments of or against the Company relating to or arising out of the activities of the Life Coach or its Employees and the Life Coach shall pay reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses incident thereto.
9. Independent Contractor Status. The parties shall be deemed independent contractors for all purposes hereunder. Accordingly:
a. The Life Coach will use its own equipment, tools and materials to perform its obligations hereunder.
b. The Client will not control how the Service is performed on a day-to-day basis and the Life Coach will determine when, where and how the Service will be provided.
c. The Client will not provide training to the Life Coach.
d. The Life Coach will be solely responsible for all state and federal income taxes in connection with this Agreement.
e. This Agreement does not constitute an employment, partnership, joint venture or agency between the parties hereto, nor shall either of the parties hold itself out as such contrary to the terms hereof by advertising or otherwise nor shall either of the parties become bound or become liable because of any representation, action or omission of the other.
a. Survival. Sections 4 through 11 shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
b. Non-Solicitation. During the Service Period and for a period of [six (6) months] thereafter, the Life Coach shall not, either alone or in association with others, (a) solicit, or permit any organization directly or indirectly controlled by the Life Coach to solicit, any employee of the Client to leave the employment of the Client, or (b) solicit or permit any organization directly or indirectly controlled by the Life Coach to solicit any person who is engaged by the Client.
c. Use of Subcontractors. The Life Coach may use trusted contractors to complete components of the Life Coach’s obligations hereunder, provided that the Life Coach shall remain solely responsible for such contractors’ performance, that the Client shall have no obligation to such contractors and the use of such contractors shall not cause any increase in fees, costs or expenses that would otherwise be payable hereunder.
d. Entire Agreement. This Agreement (including the documents referred to herein) constitutes the entire agreement between the Client and the Life Coach and supersedes any prior understandings, agreements or representations by the parties, whether written or oral, with respect to the subject matter hereof.
e. Assignment. Neither party may assign or transfer this Agreement in whole or in part, nor any of the rights hereunder, without prior written consent of the other party.
f. Notices. All notices required or permitted under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed effective upon personal delivery or upon deposit in the United States Post Office, by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid, addressed to the other party at the address shown above, or at such other address or addresses as either party shall designate to the other in accordance with this Section 13.
g. Amendments. No amendment of any provision of this Agreement shall be valid unless the same shall be in writing and signed by each party.
h. Severability. Any term or provision of this Agreement that is invalid or unenforceable in any situation in any jurisdiction shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms and provisions hereof or the validity or enforceability of the offending term or provision in any other situation or in any other jurisdiction. If the final judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction declares that any term or provision hereof is invalid or unenforceable, the Life Coach and the Client agree that the court making the determination of invalidity or unenforceability shall have the power to limit the term or provision, to delete specific words or phrases, or to replace any invalid or unenforceable term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified.
i. Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for any failure or delay in its performance under this Agreement due to any cause beyond its reasonable control, including acts of war, acts of God, earthquake, flood, fire, embargo, riot, sabotage, or failure of third party power or telecommunications networks, provided that the delayed party: (a) gives the other party prompt notice of such cause and (b) uses its reasonable commercial efforts to promptly correct such failure or delay in performance.
j. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of (other than any principle of conflict or choice of laws that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction).
k. Arbitration. Any unresolved controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, except as (i) otherwise provided in this Agreement, or (ii) any such controversies or claims arising out of either party’s intellectual property rights for which a provisional remedy or equitable relief is sought, shall be submitted to arbitration by one arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the parties, and if no agreement can be reached within thirty (30) days after names of potential arbitrators have been proposed by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”), then by one arbitrator having reasonable experience in corporate finance transactions of the type provided for in this Agreement and who is chosen by the AAA. The arbitration shall take place in , , in accordance with the AAA rules then in effect, and judgment upon any award rendered in such arbitration will be binding and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees, costs, and necessary disbursements in addition to any other relief to which such party may be entitled.
l. Counterpart. This Agreement may be executed in two or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument. This Agreement may be executed by facsimile, digital or electronic signature.
Explore our blog for more info on making money.