Here is how to use Indy's Contract Creator to get started:
Search Engine Optimization, commonly known as SEO, is the process of optimizing a website to improve its visibility and ranking on search engines, such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
An effective SEO campaign involves a range of techniques and strategies that help search engines understand the website's content and rank it higher in search results. Professional search engine optimization services focus on analyzing and improving various aspects of the website, including its structure, metadata, keywords, backlinks, web site images, and user experience. The goal is to boost the website's score in various search engine ranking algorithms.
By optimizing these elements, search engines can better understand the website's relevance to users' search queries and rank it accordingly. SEO is a complex and ever-evolving field that requires ongoing efforts to ensure the website maintains its ranking and attracts organic traffic from search engines. Overall, search engine optimization is critical for businesses to establish an online presence and reach their target audience through improved search engine rankings.
Clients receiving professional seo services are expecting work in a few areas:
They may expect you to produce some reports:
There may be more reports and analytics included along the way. The goal is to improve the client's site. A solid SEO contract will outline how the work will happen, when things will be done, how much it will cost, and how success will be reported.
SEO contracts are written agreements between an SEO specialist or SEO agency and their SEO clients that outline the terms and conditions of the services provided. It typically includes a detailed description of the search engine optimization (SEO) services, such as keyword research, on-page optimization, link building, and content creation, that the specialist will perform to improve the client's search engine ranking and visibility.
The contract should also specify the timeline, deliverables, and payment terms of the SEO services. A good SEO contract should be clear, concise, and specific to avoid any misunderstandings between the parties. Additionally, it should comply with the ethical standards and best practices of any applicable web directory or search engine, such as Google, to ensure that the SEO services provided are effective, sustainable, and legitimate. Overall, a well-written SEO contract is essential for a successful partnership between an SEO specialist and a client in achieving their goals in the competitive world of search engine optimization.
When drafting an SEO contract, it is essential to have a clear and detailed understanding of the SEO services that the specialist will provide. This includes activities such as keyword research, on-page optimization, link building, and content creation.
To ensure that these services align with the client's goals, the contract should specify the ranking objectives the client expects to achieve on major search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. The contract should also provide clear payment terms, reporting services, and timeline, ensuring that both parties understand what is expected of them.
A reliable SEO contract template can guide you through these important details and ensure that your contract is comprehensive and complete. Overall, a well-written SEO contract is essential for establishing a successful partnership with an SEO specialist and reaching your desired search engine ranking.
An effective SEO contract should include several key components to ensure a successful partnership between the SEO specialist and the client. Firstly, it is important to outline the specific SEO services that will be provided, such as keyword research, on-page optimization, link building, and content creation. The contract should also specify the desired search engine ranking that the client aims to achieve.
Additionally, the payment terms, reporting services, and timeline should be clearly stated to avoid any confusion down the line. Furthermore, legal documents, such as non-disclosure agreements, should be included to protect the confidentiality of sensitive information. It may also be useful to include existing website traffic statistics to establish a baseline and evaluate the effectiveness of the SEO efforts.
Overall, a comprehensive SEO contract template can ensure that all these important details are addressed and help establish a successful partnership between an SEO specialist and a client.
As a professional offering SEO services, having a well-drafted SEO agreement template is crucial for establishing clear expectations and ensuring a successful partnership with clients. The SEO contract should outline the specific services to be provided, the timeline, payment terms, and desired search engine ranking objectives.
Moreover, it should comply with the ethical standards and best practices of search engines. An SEO contract also protects the SEO specialist and client by establishing a clear understanding of confidentiality and liability.
Finally, an existing website traffic baseline can provide insight into the effectiveness of the SEO efforts and help guide the ongoing strategy. In summary, a well-drafted SEO contract is necessary for providing quality SEO services and establishing a strong, trustworthy relationship with clients.
Using a free SEO contract template can provide numerous benefits for both the SEO specialist and the client. First and foremost, it can save time and effort in drafting a contract from scratch.
A comprehensive SEO services contract template can guide both parties through the important details that need to be included, such as the specific SEO services to be provided, the desired search engine ranking objectives, and the payment terms. Using such a template can also help ensure that the contract complies with ethical standards and best practices of search engines, and includes legal documents to protect sensitive information.
Overall, using an SEO contract template can help establish clear expectations and set the tone for a successful partnership between the SEO specialist and the client in achieving their search engine optimization goals.
Yes! You can sign up for a free Indy account and use our contract generator to create the correct contract for your needs in a few minutes.
This SEO Specialist Agreement (the "Agreement"), dated [the date both parties will have signed] is entered into by [SEO Specialist name], an individual residing in [address], (the "SEO Specialist"), and [client name], an individual residing in [address], (the "Client").
Whereas, the SEO Specialist and the Client desire to establish the terms and conditions under which the SEO Specialist will provide services to the Client, the parties agree as follows:
1. Scope of Work. The SEO Specialist agrees to perform such consulting, advisory and related services specified on Exhibit A to this Agreement ("Description of Services").
2. Term. This Agreement shall commence from the date this Agreement is signed by both parties and shall continue until the scope of work defined in the Description of Services is completed (such period, as it may be extended or sooner terminated in accordance with the provisions of Section 4, being referred to as the ("Service Period").
a. Service Cost. In consideration of the Service, the Client will pay the SEO Specialist of $ per hour (the "Service Cost").
b. Expenses. The SEO Specialist shall be responsible for all business expenses incurred by the SEO Specialist in connection with, or related to, the performance of the services.
c. Invoices. The Client shall pay to the SEO Specialist amounts shown on each statement or invoice described in Section 3(a) and 3(b) within () days after receipt thereof.
d. Benefits. The SEO Specialist shall not be entitled to any benefits, coverages or privileges, including, without limitation, health insurance, social security, unemployment, medical or pension payments, made available to employees of the Client.
4. Termination. This Agreement may be terminated prior to the end of the Service Period in the following manner: (a) by either the SEO Specialist or the Client upon not less than () days prior written notice to the other party; (b) by the non-breaching party, upon twenty-four (24) hours prior written notice to the breaching party if one party has materially breached this Agreement; or (c) at any time upon the mutual written consent of the parties hereto. In the event of termination, the SEO Specialist shall be entitled to payments for services performed that have not been previously paid and, subject to the limitations in Section 3.2, for expenses paid or incurred prior to the effective date of termination that have not been previously paid. Such payment shall constitute full settlement of any and all claims of the SEO Specialist of every description against the Client. In the event that the Client’s payment to the SEO Specialist exceeds the amount of services performed and (subject to the limitations in Section 3.2) for expenses paid or incurred prior to the effective date of termination, then the SEO Specialist will immediately refund the excess amount to the Client. Such refund shall constitute full settlement of any and all claims of the Client of every description against the SEO Specialist.
5. Cooperation.The SEO Specialist shall use SEO Specialist's best efforts in the performance of SEO Specialist's obligations under this Agreement. The Client shall provide such access to its information and property as may be reasonably required in order to permit the SEO Specialist to perform SEO Specialist's obligations hereunder. The SEO Specialist shall cooperate with the Client’s personnel, shall not interfere with the conduct of the Client’s business and shall observe all rules, regulations and security requirements of the Client concerning the safety of persons and property.
6. Proprietary Information and Inventions.
a. Proprietary Information.
1. The SEO Specialist acknowledges that SEO Specialist’s relationship with the Client is one of high trust and confidence and that in the course of SEO Specialist's service to the Client, SEO Specialist will have access to and contact with Proprietary Information. The SEO Specialist will not disclose any Proprietary Information to any person or entity other than employees of the Client or use the same for any purposes (other than in the performance of the services) without written approval by an officer of the Client, either during or after the Consultation Period, unless and until such Proprietary Information has become public knowledge without fault by the SEO Specialist.
2. For purposes of this Agreement, Proprietary Information shall mean, by way of illustration and not limitation, all information, whether or not in writing, whether or not patentable and whether or not copyrightable, of a private, secret or confidential nature, owned, possessed or used by the Client, concerning the Client’s business, business relationships or financial affairs, including, without limitation, any Invention, formula, vendor information, customer information, apparatus, equipment, trade secret, process, research, report, technical or research data, clinical data, know-how, computer program, software, software documentation, hardware design, technology, product, processes, methods, techniques, formulas, compounds, projects, developments, marketing or business plan, forecast, unpublished financial statement, budget, license, price, cost, customer, supplier or personnel information or employee list that is communicated to, learned of, developed or otherwise acquired by the SEO Specialist in the course of SEO Specialist's service as a SEO Specialist to the Client.
3. The SEO Specialist’s obligations under this Section 6 shall not apply to any information that (i) is or becomes known to the general public under circumstances involving no breach by the SEO Specialist or others of the terms of this Section 6, (ii) is generally disclosed to third parties by the Client without restriction on such third parties, or (iii) is approved for release by written authorization of an officer of the Client.
4. The SEO Specialist agrees that all files, documents, letters, memoranda, reports, records, data sketches, drawings, models, laboratory notebooks, program listings, computer equipment or devices, computer programs or other written, photographic, or other tangible material containing Proprietary Information, whether created by the SEO Specialist or others, which shall come into SEO Specialist's custody or possession, shall be and are the exclusive property of the Client to be used by the SEO Specialist only in the performance of SEO Specialist's duties for the Client and shall not be copied or removed from the Client’s premises except in the pursuit of the business of the Client. All such materials or copies thereof and all tangible property of the Client in the custody or possession of the SEO Specialist shall be delivered to the Client, upon the earlier of (i) a request by the Client or (ii) the termination of this Agreement. After such delivery, the SEO Specialist shall not retain any such materials or copies thereof or any such tangible property.
5. The SEO Specialist agrees that SEO Specialist’s obligation not to disclose or to use information and materials of the types set forth in paragraphs (2) and (4) above, and SEO Specialist's obligation to return materials and tangible property set forth in paragraph (4) above extends to such types of information, materials and tangible property of customers of the Client or suppliers to the Client or other third parties who may have disclosed or entrusted the same to the Client or to the SEO Specialist.
6. The SEO Specialist acknowledges that the Client from time to time may have agreements with other persons or with the United States Government, or agencies thereof, that impose obligations or restrictions on the Client regarding inventions made during the course of work under such agreements or regarding the confidential nature of such work. The SEO Specialist agrees to be bound by all such obligations and restrictions that are known to SEO Specialist and to take all action necessary to discharge the obligations of the Client under such agreements.
1. All inventions, ideas, creations, discoveries, computer programs, works of authorship, data, developments, technology, designs, innovations and improvements (whether or not patentable and whether or not copyrightable) which are made, conceived, reduced to practice, created, written, designed or developed by the SEO Specialist, solely or jointly with others or under SEO Specialist's direction and whether during normal business hours or otherwise, (i) during the Consultation Period if related to the business of the Client or (ii) after the Consultation Period if resulting or directly derived from Proprietary Information (as defined below) (collectively under clauses (i) and (ii), "Inventions"), shall be the sole property of the Client. The SEO Specialist hereby assigns to the Client all Inventions and any and all related patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, and other industrial and intellectual property rights and applications therefore, in the United States and elsewhere and appoints any officer of the Client as SEO Specialist's duly authorized attorney to execute, file, prosecute and protect the same before any government agency, court or authority. However, this paragraph shall not apply to Inventions which do not relate to the business or research and development conducted or planned to be conducted by the Client at the time such Invention is created, made, conceived or reduced to practice and which are made and conceived by the SEO Specialist not during normal working hours, not on the Client’s premises and not using the Client’s tools, devices, equipment or Proprietary Information. The SEO Specialist further acknowledges that each original work of authorship which is made by the SEO Specialist (solely or jointly with others) within the scope of the Agreement and which is protectable by copyright is a "work made for hire," as that term is defined in the United States Copyright Act.
2. Upon the request of the Client and at the Client’s expense, the SEO Specialist shall execute such further assignments, documents and other instruments as may be necessary or desirable to fully and completely assign all Inventions to the Client and to assist the Client in applying for, obtaining and enforcing patents or copyrights or other rights in the United States and in any foreign country with respect to any Invention. The SEO Specialist also hereby waives all claims to moral rights in any Inventions.
3. The SEO Specialist shall promptly disclose to the Client all Inventions and will maintain adequate and current written records (in the form of notes, sketches, drawings and as may be specified by the Client) to document the conception and/or first actual reduction to practice of any Invention. Such written records shall be available to and remain the sole property of the Client at all times.
4. Notwithstanding the foregoing in this Section 6(b), the ownership and use of the Inventions that are assigned to the Client in Section 6(b)(i) (the "Assigned Inventions") shall be limited as set forth in Exhibit B.
7. Limitation of Liability. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained elsewhere herein, neither party shall be liable to the other for any consequential, special, incidental, indirect or punitive damages of any kind or character, including, but not limited to, loss of use, loss of profit, loss of anticipated profit, loss of bargain, loss of revenue or loss of product or production, however arising under this contract or as a result of, relating to or in connection with the service and the parties’ performance of the obligations hereunder, and no such claim shall be made by any party against the other regardless of whether such claim is based or claimed to be based on negligence (including sole, joint, active, passive, or concurrent negligence, but excluding gross negligence), fault, breach of warranty, breach of agreement, breach of contract, statute, strict liability or any other theory of liability.
8. Indemnification. The SEO Specialist shall be solely liable for, and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company and its successors and assigns from any claims, suits, judgments or causes of action initiated by any third party against the Company where such actions result from or arise out of the services performed by the SEO Specialist or its Employees under this Agreement. The SEO Specialist shall further be solely liable for, and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company and its successors and assigns from and against any claim or liability of any kind (including penalties, fees or charges) resulting from the SEO Specialist’s or its Employees’ failure to pay the taxes, penalties, and payments referenced in Section 9 of this Agreement. The SEO Specialist shall further indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company and its successors and assigns from and against any and all loss or damage resulting from any misrepresentation, or any non-fulfillment of any representation, responsibility, covenant or agreement on its part, as well as any and all acts, suits, proceedings, demands, assessments, penalties, judgments of or against the Company relating to or arising out of the activities of the SEO Specialist or its Employees and the SEO Specialist shall pay reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses incident thereto.
9. Independent Contractor Status. The parties shall be deemed independent contractors for all purposes hereunder. Accordingly:
a. The SEO Specialist will use its own equipment, tools and materials to perform its obligations hereunder.
b. The Client will not control how the Service is performed on a day-to-day basis and the SEO Specialist will determine when, where and how the Service will be provided.
c. The Client will not provide training to the SEO Specialist.
d. The SEO Specialist will be solely responsible for all state and federal income taxes in connection with this Agreement.
e. This Agreement does not constitute an employment, partnership, joint venture or agency between the parties hereto, nor shall either of the parties hold itself out as such contrary to the terms hereof by advertising or otherwise nor shall either of the parties become bound or become liable because of any representation, action or omission of the other.
a. Survival. Sections 4 through 11 shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
b. Non-Solicitation. During the Service Period and for a period of [six (6) months] thereafter, the SEO Specialist shall not, either alone or in association with others, (a) solicit, or permit any organization directly or indirectly controlled by the SEO Specialist to solicit, any employee of the Client to leave the employment of the Client, or (b) solicit or permit any organization directly or indirectly controlled by the SEO Specialist to solicit any person who is engaged by the Client.
c. Use of Subcontractors. The SEO Specialist may use trusted contractors to complete components of the SEO Specialist’s obligations hereunder, provided that the SEO Specialist shall remain solely responsible for such contractors’ performance, that the Client shall have no obligation to such contractors and the use of such contractors shall not cause any increase in fees, costs or expenses that would otherwise be payable hereunder.
d. Entire Agreement. This Agreement (including the documents referred to herein) constitutes the entire agreement between the Client and the SEO Specialist and supersedes any prior understandings, agreements or representations by the parties, whether written or oral, with respect to the subject matter hereof.
e. Assignment. Neither party may assign or transfer this Agreement in whole or in part, nor any of the rights hereunder, without prior written consent of the other party.
f. Notices. All notices required or permitted under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed effective upon personal delivery or upon deposit in the United States Post Office, by registered or certified mail, postage prepaid, addressed to the other party at the address shown above, or at such other address or addresses as either party shall designate to the other in accordance with this Section 13.
g. Amendments. No amendment of any provision of this Agreement shall be valid unless the same shall be in writing and signed by each party.
h. Severability. Any term or provision of this Agreement that is invalid or unenforceable in any situation in any jurisdiction shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms and provisions hereof or the validity or enforceability of the offending term or provision in any other situation or in any other jurisdiction. If the final judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction declares that any term or provision hereof is invalid or unenforceable, the SEO Specialist and the Client agree that the court making the determination of invalidity or unenforceability shall have the power to limit the term or provision, to delete specific words or phrases, or to replace any invalid or unenforceable term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified.
i. Force Majeure. Neither party will be liable for any failure or delay in its performance under this Agreement due to any cause beyond its reasonable control, including acts of war, acts of God, earthquake, flood, fire, embargo, riot, sabotage, or failure of third party power or telecommunications networks, provided that the delayed party: (a) gives the other party prompt notice of such cause and (b) uses its reasonable commercial efforts to promptly correct such failure or delay in performance.
j. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of (other than any principle of conflict or choice of laws that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction).
k. Arbitration. Any unresolved controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, except as (i) otherwise provided in this Agreement, or (ii) any such controversies or claims arising out of either party’s intellectual property rights for which a provisional remedy or equitable relief is sought, shall be submitted to arbitration by one arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the parties, and if no agreement can be reached within thirty (30) days after names of potential arbitrators have been proposed by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”), then by one arbitrator having reasonable experience in corporate finance transactions of the type provided for in this Agreement and who is chosen by the AAA. The arbitration shall take place in , , in accordance with the AAA rules then in effect, and judgment upon any award rendered in such arbitration will be binding and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees, costs, and necessary disbursements in addition to any other relief to which such party may be entitled.
l. Counterpart. This Agreement may be executed in two or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument. This Agreement may be executed by facsimile, digital or electronic signature.
Explore our blog for more info on making money.